St. Brigid Gaels Weekly Update - October 22, 2014
We have been doing many new activities during October, Anti-Bullying Month. Today we all wore our Orange Bands for Unity Day. I need to thank Ms. Seidl for all her hard work with our Bullying Prevention and Awareness Month.
Congratulations to Joshua Brown, Keeshia Caguitla and Ally Guerrrero for representing St. Brigid School at the Regional Band Concert on Saturday, October 18th. We are so proud of them for being selected after an audition and extensive rehearsal hours. This was a great accomplishment!
Thank you to all the children who wore Pink last Friday. We raised $121.00 for Breast Cancer Awareness. I was a little disappointed that we did not have as many students participate. Some of our students were very creative about finding pink to wear.
Thank you to all of our families who participated in the Park Road Parade. It is always a great event and wonderful way to celebrate our school. I would like to especially thank Mrs. Andrea Martin for all her hard work in making the arrangements for the parade.
Thank you to Fr. Dawson for coming to school on Monday and doing the Sacrament of Reconciliation with our students. Fr. Dawson will being coming once a month to offer Confession to our students.
On a Safety Note: We have noticed in the morning and afternoon that parents are driving way too fast around the building. Mr. Martin and I have seen some very close calls with the children in the parking lot. You should be driving very slowly when you are on the property. Please remember that the safety of all of our children is paramount. Thank you!
On Friday, October 24th, we have many activities going on…
- Latino Luncheon Buffet, please make sure you have sent in your reservation and money if you are planning on buying lunch on Friday. Thank you to all the parents who are involved with this luncheon.
- We have our “Speaking of People Symposium” at 1:00pm. Dr. Elsa Nunez (President of Eastern Connecticut State University and Dr. Wilfredo Nieves (President of Capitol Community College) are our guest speakers.
- Friday Night we are hosting the Fall Festival from 5:30-7:30 here at SBS. It is a fun evening with food and games.
- Dress Down Day: Monday, October 27th: $1 Minimum Donation for a Family in need.
- Last Call for Box Tops: Please send in your Box Tops Now!
We had our first VIP 700 Reception on Monday, October 20th and our next one will be on Tuesday, October 28th (5:00-7:00). We have invited Alumni, Past-Parents, Community Leaders, Business Owners and Friends of the school to attend an evening to “Reimagine what SBS can become in the future”. We are looking for major donations to the help our beloved school. Tours will be a major part of the evening so please be certain our facility (inside and out) looks its best!
A few reminders
- Homework: We have many students who are not doing their homework. I have spoken to the Middle School Students about this issue. I have reminded them they cannot participate in extra-curricular activities if they are not academically in good standing. Please have a conversation about this topic. Thank you!
- St. Brigid Fundraiser: 2015 Taste Books only $25. Over $2,000 in Savings at most popular restaurants, retailers, and attractions! Great discounts for you, your family, or friends! A Great Gift Idea!
- Tuition Payments: Per the Office of Catholic Schools, all tuition needs to be current at the end of the first marking period which is Friday, October 31st.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, we dismiss at 2:20.
Wednesday, we dismiss at 1:20. Please remember if you have not registered through the YMCA (www.westhartford YMCA.org.) for Aftercare you must be here on time at dismissal. There is nowhere for your child to go and we cannot be responsible after school gets out. Per other Catholic Schools, there will be a late charge. Any family who has not picked up their child (ren) by dismissal time will be assessed $35 (per child) for the first quarter-hour, and $10 for each additional quarter-hour, or part thereof. The YMCA will work with you to make accommodations for your schedule.
May the Peace of Christ be with you!
Shevon S. Hickey ’75
Use your voice for kindness, your ears for compassion, your hands for charity, your mind for truth, and your Heart for Love.
Please join us…
Bus Trip to Foxwoods Casino
- When: Saturday, November 22nd, 2014
- Departs: Saint Brigid School, 100 Mayflower Street, WH, CT 06110 @ 7pm
- Returns: Leaves Foxwoods Casino @ 2am & will drop off @ SBS
- Cost: $60 per person - Tickets can be purchased in the Main Office
- Includes: $25 buffet voucher, $10 table/slot allowance, $25 Comedy Show Ticket *
- Deadline to purchase tickets: November 14th, 2014
- Other Info: - BYOB for the bus ride, Two drink minimum at the comedy show
This is a Saint Brigid School - Home School Association Fundraiser
CT Federation of Catholic School Parents:
CT Federation of Catholic School Parents Website Update:
We are pleased to announce that the CT Federation website is officially LIVE. Please share this link with your school communities, as a resource.Social Media Update: We are additionally pleased to announce that your school communities can now follow the Federation's activities on Twitter @CTFCSP.