St. Brigid Gaels Weekly Update - October 15, 2014
Today, our School participated in an Anti-Bullying presentation by Firefly Fisher; he is one of the Harlem Globe Trotters. Thank you to Coach Fernando Morales for bringing this wonderful program to St. Brigid School. We have been doing many new activities during October, Anti-Bullying Month.
We had a great Home School Association Meeting last week. We will be meeting again on Tuesday, November 4th at 5:30. Please join us and get involved in our Home/School Association.
Just so you are aware, on Monday, October 20th and on Tuesday, October 28th (5:00-7:00) we are having a VIP 700 Reception. We have invited Alumni, Past-Parents, Community Leaders, Business Owners and Friends of the school to attend an evening to “Reimagine what SBS can become in the future”. We are looking for major donations to the help our beloved school. Tours will be a major part of the evening so please be certain our facility (inside and out) looks its best!
- On Friday, October 17th, Dress Down Day: Please wear pink and bring in a minimum donation of $1.00 for Breast Cancer
- Saturday, October 18th is a busy day for St. Brigid School. I hope you are marching in the Park Road Parade. It is always a great way to celebrate our wonderful school. If you are marching you must be in Full Dress Uniform. You will get a Dress Down Pass for another day.
- Also on Saturday, October 18th it is a special day for Miss DeAngelis. She will be getting married. Let us all pray for wonderful weather and for a Happy, Healthy life together for Cara and Mark! God Bless them on this special day!
- On Monday, October 20th, Fr. Dawson will be doing the Sacrament of Reconciliation with the students. Thank you Fr. Dawson for taking time out of your busy schedule to do this healing sacrament for our students.
- On Tuesday, October 21st, representatives from Xavier and Mercy High School will be coming to speak to the Seventh and Eighth graders about their schools.
- On Wednesday, October 22nd, our students will be receiving Orange Bands to wear to unite us against Bullying.
- St. Brigid Fundraiser: 2015 Taste Books only $25. Over $2,000 in Savings at most popular restaurants, retailers, and attractions! Great discounts for you, your family, or friends! A Great Gift Idea!
A few reminders:
- Uniform questions? Please review the Parent/Student Handbook. The gym sneakers should be white or black. They may have white or black trim. They should not be any other color. Please remember that starting on November 3rd the students have to wear their Winter Uniform. * Everyone should have their uniforms from Donnelly’s at that point. *Please note that K-8 boys should have their shirts tucked in and wear a belt with their uniform pants.
- Tuition Payments: Per the Office of Catholic Schools, all tuition needs to be current at the end of the first marking period which is Friday, October 31st.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, we dismiss at 2:20.
Wednesday, we dismiss at 1:20. Please remember if you have not registered through the YMCA (www.westhartford YMCA.org.) for Aftercare you must be here on time at dismissal. There is nowhere for your child to go and we cannot be responsible after school gets out. Per other Catholic Schools, there will be a late charge. Any family who has not picked up their child (ren) by dismissal time will be assessed $35 (per child) for the first quarter-hour, and $10 for each additional quarter-hour, or part thereof. The YMCA will work with you to make accommodations for your schedule.
Thank you for your cooperation!
May the Peace of Christ be with you!
Shevon S. Hickey ’75
"Love our Lady. And she will obtain abundant grace to help you conquer in your daily struggle."
--St. Josemaria Escriva
Please join us…
Bus Trip to Foxwoods Casino
- When: Saturday, November 22nd, 2014
- Departs: Saint Brigid School, 100 Mayflower Street, WH, CT 06110 @ 7pm
- Returns: Leaves Foxwoods Casino @ 2am & will drop off @ SBS
- Cost: $60 per person - Tickets can be purchased in the Main Office
- Includes: $25 buffet voucher, $10 table/slot allowance, $25 Comedy Show Ticket *
- Deadline to purchase tickets: November 14th, 2014
- Other Info: - BYOB for the bus ride, Two drink minimum at the comedy show
This is a Saint Brigid School - Home School Association Fundraiser
CT Federation of Catholic School Parents:
CT Federation of Catholic School Parents Website Update:
We are pleased to announce that the CT Federation website is officially LIVE. Please share this link with your school communities, as a resource.Social Media Update: We are additionally pleased to announce that your school communities can now follow the Federation's activities on Twitter @CTFCSP.